Flexistim is a multitherapy unit that can be used both in a professional environment and at home to treat a variety of conditions including arthritis, joint pain, sciatica, spondylitis, Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis, muscle strains and injuries and provides general pain relief without the need for drugs.
Electrical impulses are sent through self-adhesive electrode pads which are placed on the skin around the area of pain. The impulses work in different ways to combat aches, pains and strains to provide much needed relief when you need it most.
Flexistim Multitherapy unit combines 4 different treatment modes to provide versatility and flexibility for users:
1. TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) relieves pain by helping the body to release natural painkillers called endorphins and by blocking pain signals to the brain.
2. EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) is a widely recognised method of treatment for pain relief and muscle rehabilitation, which works by producing intensive muscular contraction in order to react with specific nerves supplying a particular muscle group.
3. IFT (Interferential Therapy) delivers continuous stimulation deep into the tissue providing relief for deep seated pain and can reduce swelling and inflammation which can often be the source of the pain.
4. Micro-Current Stimulation provides a gentler form of muscle stimulation to accelerate the body’s own natural healing process.
- 10 TENS programs, 27 EMS programs, 4 IFT Programs, 4 Microcurrent Programs and 6 user defined programs enabling you to experiment and save your favorite settings.
- Portable and lightweight with belt clip included for mobile use.
- Clear, backlit LCD screen for ease of use.
- Removable, rechargeable Li-ion battery for use on-the-go and external mains adaptor for extended use in IFT modes.
- Flexistim automatically starts using the Programme last used and also has a Usage Timer which records the total time it has been used, and the number of uses.
- Automatic Keypad Lock if no button is used for 10 seconds with settings on manually adjustable programmes which can also be locked.
- Leads Fault Detector in TENS and EMS modes, where the output level goes immediately to zero in the event of an open circuit.
- Switching charging adaptor
- Flexistim Multitherapy Unit
- 1 pack of 4, 50x50 mm self-adhesive electrodes
- 1 x removable, rechargeable BL-6F Li-ion battery
- 1 x battery charging cradle
- Switching charging adapter with 1 x UK (3 pin) and 1 x European (2 pin) mains adapter plug
- 2 x lead wires
- 1 x instruction manual
- 1 x storage and transport pouch
- 123mm x 61mm x 22mm (without the clip)
- 160gm with battery
Expected Service Life
- The machine will often last for more than 5 years, but is guaranteed for 2 years. Accessories (leads, pads, batteries etc) are not covered by the guarantee.
- Lead life depends greatly on use. Always handle the leads with care.
- Pads should last 12-20 applications, depending on skin condition and humidity.
- BL-6F Rechargeable battery should last around one week (if used for 4 hours a day in modes excluding Interferential), or for around one hour continuous use in the Interferential modes..